Friday, March 02, 2007

Minnesota Blizzard

We needed the snow. As snow goes, MN has not received much in the last 5 or so years. It would have been nice to get some of the 2 feet of snow before March so we could enjoy it during what most consider winter, but what can you. So . . . school is closed today as are many government offices, colleges and universities. Although an hour or so late after digging out of the snow this morning, my husband did think it was necessary to go in to work today.

It is days like this that I have learned to lie very low as a WAHP of a 7, 5 & 2 yr old. This weather and school "snow day" is just as much a surprise and/or inconvenience to me as it is to everyone else. Yet, many seem to think I can drop everything and watch their kids, pick up kids from somewhere or generally just be at the "beck and call." In fact, the help I normally have will probably not even be able to make it here today, so not only do I have all of my kids here all day, but I have more work than on a normal Friday.

So, today I am hiding out in my house. Once I am done with what feel I absolutely need to do (which is maybe 20% of what I should do), I will come out of hiding and take my kids outside to enjoy the snow. It is then I turn back into stay at home mommy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Church Spanish said...

I survived the "blizzard" too. I live approximately four hours northwest of Sheila and we only had 12 inches of snow. When this happens in Minnesota all of us dial up internet people have a terrible time getting things done as the websites clog up. Some day I will have high speed. Some day...

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home