Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Things I've Done - Phone Related

As a work at home parent, sometimes you need to improvise. And over the last 5 years, I've done just that - especially in the beginning. I'm going to start with the first 5 things I think of that are phone related. [If I listed everything at once, you'd think I was crazy.]

1-Locked my self in a closet to get away from the kids in order to answer a customer's call. This I have done many times. [Whether now or in the past, I usually have the business phone attached to myself and phone calls NEVER come in when I am in my home office - Murphy's WAH Law?]

2-Ran out into the unheated garage in stocking feet and 20 below zero weather to answer a customer's call (the closet may have already been in use).

3-Taken a phone order using a color crayon to write on the bottom of one of my kids' puzzle boxes (probably while locked in the closet).

4-My 4 yr old answered the business phone. All I heard her say is "I don't know" and "I don't think so" and then she hung up. Luckily the customer called right back and thought it was cute. [Somehow, this has only ever happened one time in 5 yrs.]

5-Pulled off a 4 lane freeway onto a side road to take a customer's order when I realized they were going to call every 20 minutes until I answered and I was on a 3 hour trip. [I often have calls forwarded to my cell phone.] For this same call I had stood outside (because 3 kids were in the vehicle with me) and when a very loud tractor of some sort drove by, I claimed it was construction outside my open office window.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home