Monday, December 11, 2006

My 2yr Old Assistant

It's a very busy time of year for our Casting Keepsakes business so I decided to work in the shop Sunday afternoon to get a head start on orders that had come in over the weekend. Our 2 older kids were away on a play date, but my husband decided that one of the errands he had to run was not appropriate for our 2 yr old. So, he brought our little helper over to the shop for about an hour or so, which on the weekend isn't all that unusual.

Normally on the weekends (because most of the time I usually do have kids along) I just go over the inventory and other things that a child cannot usually interfere with. However, this Sunday (yesterday) I was preparing orders to ship. My little helper had to check out every box and at one point lost his toy truck and of course, we found it amongst a customer's order. Okay, time to find something else to do until Dad came back. I sealed up the boxes I had already prepared and decided to tidy up a little. When it came time to leave with Dad, my little helper realized he had misplaced both of his pluggies (pacifiers). We looked around and decided there was a very good chance they could be hiding is in one of the sealed boxes, which were ready to be sent to customers! I had prepared dozens of orders and in the process of cleaning up the area, had shifted them from one end of the room to the other and had no idea which ones I had last sealed. Perfect!

Now, my Monday dilemma - do I (or my employee) go through every box today (something we really don't have time to do), or do I let a customer find a potential surprise!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home