Sunday, November 26, 2006

Thanksgiving

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving whether it was celebrated with family, friends, or maybe a quiet day at home (yes, that does happen). Our family is lucky enough to be able to spend time with both sides of the family throughout the weekend. Many schools seem to be giving an extra day off (either Friday or Monday) so taking that time with family is a little easier and less rushed.

For the first time ever, I was a Black Friday shopper. My sister-in-laws talked me into it and it wasn't all that bad - maybe even a little fun. I am a late-nighter, so I need a very good reason - and a lot of persuading - in order to get up before dawn on what is supposed to be a vacation weekend. We planned to meet at the store we so carefully chose at 4:30. I miscalculated my drive time and arrived at 4:15, which ended up being a very good thing because the line was already 30-40 people deep and was growing quickly. The nice lady behind me allowed the rest of my crew to sneak in line with me when they finally showed up.

We were not in line at a Best Buy or some other cut-throat place and the 45 minute wait was pleasant. We are in MN, so the fact that we didn't freeze in place was a bonus. In fact, the weather was mild for this time of year - 40F - very tolerable. When 5am came, we all entered quickly, yet completely civil. Thanks to my early arrival, we all were able the get the primary item everyone seemed to be seeking as well as our pick of many other items. I didn't continue to shop with them as I had travel plans for later that morning. And I admit, I snuck back in the house and went back to bed for an hour or so. But hey, ultimately, the mission was accomplished!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home