Monday, January 22, 2007

Blue Monday

"Researchers in England, citing unpaid holiday bills, rotten weather and people's realization that they likely won't live up to their New Year's resolutions, say Jan. 22 is the unhappiest day of 2007." This is from an article that flashed on my screen when I first opened one of my internet browsers this morning. I guess if a person wasn't feeling depressed already, the writers of this articl wanted to make sure you know that you should be? That way, the only direction to go is up, right?

England's weather is a something like what were have here in Minnesota, so all kidding aside, I think folks here can relate. In fact, in regards to the weather, it's been rather stinkier here than any other time I can remember. It seems that everyone in the midwest has received snow other than us and the lack of snow hasn't extended our 8 hours of winter daylight. To those of you that live in states that don't see snow, you may think this is a good thing. However, if you're going to freeze your tongue to a pole, there better also be a way to make a snow angel afterwards. Saying something like, "Okay kids, go outside and play in the cold" just doesn't seem right.

Whether you are in Minnesota or in sunny Florida, I hope your 'winter blues' don't last long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home