Sunday, January 07, 2007

2007 News Years Resolution?

Many have asked what my New Year's Resolution is for 2007 both personally and for my business. Quite honestly, I never make such resolutions. I don't think there is a need. For example, I probably ate way to much during the holidays, was too busy with the business to even think about exercising or anything else other than taking care of the basic necessities for that matter. So the way I see it, if I can get back to some normalcy by the first week of January, a separate resolution isn't necessary. It fits: I won't be eating as much junk, I have the time to exercise and the house gets a thorough and continuous cleaning. It's what I call my built-in personal resolution.

As far as a resolution (or goals) for the business in 2007, I can only hope that things progress and continue on exactly how they were in 2006. Now I'm not saying that I don't want the business to grow in various ways (there are monthly goals already in place for that), but as a WAH Parent, I can only hope that in 2007 I can continue to spend quality time with my children that I would otherwise not have if I was working outside the home. I want to continue to be able to let the phone temporarily go to voicemail on a moments notice if a child is ill, needs a hug after a fall, or if they need to be picked up early from school because their pants split an important seam in a lost fight with the monkey bars on the playground.

I have read many times that to be successful working from home, there needs to be separation between work and your personal life. I can see how that would be necessary for some, but I would never change the fact that for me the two are nearly seamlessly melded together.

So overall my resolution for 2007 is to strive for another 2006 [with a few more sales thrown in ;-)].

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home