Monday, April 12, 2010

Camera Lessons

The other day there was a need to take some new photos of an older sample casting we have so I took out my new camera and carefully set up the shot. The natural lighting was perfect, but I couldn't get the camera to focus on the right spot. I adjusted some things, checked the camera settings and tried again. I usually just hold the camera in my hands and this time I even used another table as a tripod. I couldn't figure it out. I needed to move on so I used what I had at the time as it did not need to be high resolution for this exact project and therefore the slight focus issue was not a huge problem. Then today I pulled out the camera for something else and felt something a little sticky near the lens. I then checked the lens itself and noticed what looked a big lick mark all the way across it. Note to self: keep the camera out of the reach of a climbing 2 yr old. Who knows how ago the lens was licked? My vacation photos may be a little skewed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home