Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Gallon's Worth of Gas

It's was a very busy day with the business with yesterday being Memorial Day. The entire day was rushed and I ended up running out of the house at the last minute with 2 kids in tow in order to pick up 3 more at school (not all mine - this time). Many times I have an errand to run as well, but not today. I like days like today when I leave the house in my sweats and if I'm lucky, no bra. Today was one of those days, but my sweats were all in the wash so I was wearing some very old ones that belonged to my husband complete with elastic ankles and a slightly torn crotch area.

I'm in a hurry, can't find my purse, but I don't care as I'm not stopping anywhere. Off I go. Half way on the 8 mile trip, the low gas indicator chimes. Then I remember that the crazy gas light has actually been on for a day and was registering "0" miles left the night before. There are no gas stations along the direct route, but what does that matter as I don't have my purse.

Great, that's just what I need - to run out of gas with someone else's child in the car. At least I remembered my cell phone - just in case. Once I picked up the kids at school, I had my daughter dig in the car for cash or loose change. We ended up with about $4.00. There was no way I was going to make the trip to drop of the extra child and then back our house, etc. So, I had to make a pit stop with my $4.00 in change.

So, with my extra long, elastic ankled, ripped crotch sweats and no bra, I handed the gas station clerk my change and asked for a prepay of 1 gallon of gas on pump #5. It wasn't my proudest moment, BUT if that is the worst thing that happens this week, I am very grateful.

And to all, a good night . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home