Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Can Someone Help Me Understand ...

I just can't believe that in the same country for which the news of the most recent mother who killed her newborn twin made national headlines today, but abortion on-demand is a "right."

Why is it that if a woman aborts her baby (whether it be at 10 weeks, 24 weeks, or has a partial birth abortion at 37 weeks) that it is perfectly legal, but if a woman drowns or otherwise kills her newborn infant she goes to jail for life (well, that is provided she doesn't plead insanity).

Yes, I agree that there are sooooo very many people that probably shouldn't have kids, but that still isn't a reason to take a life. Maybe we should make adoption easier and less expensive. Statistics show that there are about the same number of families waiting to adopt as there are abortions performed. I don't think that is a coincidence.

No matter how much this is debated, I will never understand the position of supporting the "right" to take a life. I have an annoying neighbor with an even more annoying kid who I think will never be a productive member of society. If I call that child a fetus, do you think the "choicers" will take care of the problem for me?

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle R said...

It breaks my heart every time I hear about another baby that doesn’t get the opportunity to be and do what God intended. Every conception whether it was intentional or not is done by God. He knows the great things each person can achieve as well as be here on earth.

Adoption is the only other alternative in my point of view. Here’s the reason why.

When I was 18 the first important decision I made as an adult was to get pregnant. Yes, that had been my dream ever since I was 5 years old, to be a Mom and a wife. Unfortunately I didn’t do it in the right order. I had gotten involved with a guy I shouldn’t have. Never the less, my emotions got in the way, plus other factors, and I became pregnant.

The day I was supposed to marry the guy I went to Colorado to get away from the situation so I could think straight. Right away I sought counseling through Lutheran Social Services. The counselor was great at showing me all the possibilities including abortion. Nope. I was sure that wasn’t the way to go.

Early on my decision was adoption. I loved my child with all my heart and I wanted the best for her. Through Lutheran Social Services I was able to help pick the family I thought would be best for raising my daughter. I know it’s a scary thing but with lots of prayer I knew I had made the right choice.

Guess what!? I was right. The reason I know it is because two weeks ago I found my daughter. Everything I had prayed for came true for her. Her parents are awesome. She has accomplished the things I had dreamed of for her. The Lord has blessed both of us in ways I will probably never know.

If anyone out there has found themselves pregnant, scared and confused, get help now. Don’t wait another day. Use an agency that is reputable like Lutheran Social Services, Holt International, etc. Their number one concern is always for the child, then the parents, then the adoptive parents.

You can’t go wrong with people who have been through it all. Any crisis pregnancy center can help too like Lakes Area Pregnancy Support Center in Brainerd, MN.

God wants your child to grow up and that is why you are pregnant. Even if the child can’t grow up with you as the parent they can have an awesome family that will love them the way you do. Raise them the way you would want.

I know it’s a huge sacrifice but you can do it. I did and look how awesome things turned out. I’m elated that my daughter has had such a fantastic opportunity and is well adjusted. Your child can be that way too.

Michelle Rothwell, Founder
Dora & Diego Homeschool Spanish
And
Bookworms United

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home