Sunday, April 22, 2007

When the cat is away . . .

Well, it's more like when the kittens are a way the momma cat will ... EAT.

So, my husband takes the kids out for a bike ride on a beautiful Sunday afternoon and I sit down at the computer to get a couple things done. It then occurs to me that some McDonald's french fries would be really great right about now. After all, I did manage to somehow miss lunch. We rarely eat fast food. Neither my husband nor I really like it all that much and none of us need it, but McDonalds just sounded good today. So a McFish & fries it was.

Once I was done I decided that I better hide the evidence. [I don't know if I'd be forgiven if the kids found out I went to McDonalds without them.] So, I put the trash in the outside garbage, but when I got back inside I noticed I had forgotten the outer bag. No big deal, I simply turned it inside out (to hide the writing) and stuffed it in the inside garbage.

Would you believe that my 5 yr old son found it when went to go throw something else away! The even funnier part is that he thought it was from the last time we had gone to McDonald's (probably over 2 months prior). I don't know if he thought we had kept it as a keepsake or what. It was a Sponge Bob bag after all. It didn't even occur to him that his mother would sneak something like that past him. [It's not that we usually have months of garbage lying around, we had been spring cleaning and throwing away a lot of unusual things that day.]

So, would you confess?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home